Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Burlingame: 5/6/12

Well, at least I had a bike to ride...Cannondale Rush Femanine 1...not the ideal race bike...good training race to say the least! 33 miles on a 26 lb bike with 110mm travel...Had a fun time battling it out with Karen Potter until lap 4 when she made a smart move and passed me in the bridges section (my worst nightmare!). I stayed within 40 seconds going into lap 5, but then I hit a wall and I could no longer push the bike hard. Every pedal stroke took so much more effort than I am used to, the rolling resistance of the bike and my mud tires just wiped me out. Looking forward to my new frame being sent back from Cannondale this week...and I got my new Mavic SLR ultra light race wheels in and low profile Maxxis CrossMark Tires.

No comments:

Post a Comment