Sunday, November 13, 2011

Plymouth Cross 11/12/11: WIN!!!!

FIRST CX WIN OVERALL!!!
I immediately loved the course. It had a lot of mountain biking "friendliness" to it. It was cold out. We ended up standing around shivering for 15 minutes, while they figured out their mishap in the staging order. I was called up first, but then we stood their waiting another 5 minutes (which seemed like another 15!). Finally the whistle blew and I gunned it for the hole shot. I took it and broke off from the pack. I never let up the entire race, despite having no one to chase, and not having anyone on my wheel to keep me moving forward. It was mentally hard at points because of this, but I kept it together. I felt very confident and good on the barriers. For the first time, I felt smooth! The woods sections were so much fun. I was so happy out there. It was motivating to have people cheering me on at least and knowing that I was increasing my lead every lap. We did 5 laps. I finished around 35 minutes. I got a side stitch on the left side with 2 laps to go. This was the same pain from Northampton. I have not had the side pain all season yet. Odd that it is happening the past two races.  I have been hydrating the same and eating the same as I normally do. The pain lessened once I finished, but it lingered around the rest of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment