Sunday, November 20, 2011

Northeast Velo Cross 11/19/11: 2nd Place!

What an awesome venue for a CX race. loved the velodrome and BMX track! There was a long run up, that cost me a lot of time during the race. I was on the front line and when the whistle blew I took off and got the hole shot. Sally Annis (Pro rider) got right on my wheel and we rode together for 3 laps. I was handling the barriers, BMX track, and muddy corners just fine, but I was fading fast up the 30 sec. run up and I think Sally caught onto this. She ran passed me on 3rd lap (starting the 4th) and I was unable to get on her wheel when I needed to! I mentally cracked a bit, because I was feeling so good riding with her, that when she passed I let it get to me. She only finished 20 sec ahead of me. I felt super strong, but my legs were super sore running up the hill. They could not fire, since they are so not use to it with the running motion. Non the less, I was proud of my result!

No comments:

Post a Comment