Friday, September 16, 2011

Landmine XC 9/11/11 & PRO UPGRADE!!!

What a day! This race holds a special place for me in my heart because it is where I did my first XC race in 2008. I had entered the sport category and placed 3rd. I was unable to compete in the 2009 season, due to blowing out my knee in a skier-cross accident, but I competed in the event last summer (2010) in my first Pro-Open race. Well, the Pro racer who beat me by 12 seconds last year, was behind me this year by 8 minutes! I ripped the course up. The smile never left my face. I loved every minute of it! About 1/2 way through the race when I got off the bike for a section I felt my front tire and it was at about 15 psi! By the time I went to bed that night it was flat. I am not a fan of the Schwalbe Racing Ralph tubless ready tires that came on the Cannondale Scalpel 2. Their marketing for them is faulty because they have caused me problems at Nationals, Beer Creek XC, and not this race. I have put the proper amount of Stan's in and have made sure to seal them properly. I plan to invest in other tires next year. Anyway, this was my last race as a Cat. 1 racer, because the other day (9/12) I received my PRO UPGRADE!!!! I am excited to look into the Pro XTC circuit for next season. I will now be looking for a team/shop sponsorship and funding for races/travel. Thanks to everyone who has helped to make this dream come true B-)



1 comment: