Monday, May 16, 2011

Tymor Park Mtn. Bike Race 5/15/11

Had an awesome mtn. bike race Sunday. Def. the most challenging I have ever done! Insane climbing and descending, winding-fast single track, tons of mud, slick rocks and roots; mtn. biking at its finest! I won for Cat 1 in my age group (19-29), 2nd Cat 1 overall, & 7th with Pro/Cat 1 women. combined (14 starters). I was in 4th place up until 1/2 way through the last lap when I got the nastiest hamstring cramp and bonked. I got passed by 2 Pro's & the other Cat 1 40+ rider (impressive!) so I was 0:4:35 to 4th place, 0:3:05 to 5th place, and 6th place was only 42 seconds ahead. I was pretty proud & full of smiles throughout! I received pay out, which just about covered the entry fee. This race was my first AMBC (American Mountain Bike Challenge) race, so I acquired some Pro upgrade points :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment