Sunday, May 22, 2011

NorEast PODIUM SWEEP!!!! Lake Sunapee RR 5/21/11

I think I am still blown away by the results for Saturday's race at Lake Sunapee. NorEast women took 1,2,3 out of 27 riders. I was on the front up the first pitch of the finishing climb when my team-mate Katie came off my wheel, looked back at me, and I yelled her on to "go!go!go!" So she did, and Amy came right around me to climb into 2nd place, while no one else was able to use my wheel (except for the P/1/2 men break away that was also finishing...quite confusing!), so I placed 3rd. An amazing result, one that I have never seen happen before in any men or women's field, even amongst the professional teams/races. We were ecstatic! There were lots of attempts from other riders and teams to break away, but they failed to do so. Amy and myself hunted down a few on the first lap (23 miles, 1370ft of elevation gain), and after that, one one tried to do so on the second lap. It was sunny and warm for the first half of the race, but then the skies opened up and we all got soaked. It felt refreshing though, and the sun was back out when we all crossed the finish line :)

Results





No comments:

Post a Comment