Tuesday, July 8, 2014

To the Peak at Pat's Peak XC Race 6/15/14

"Mud freckles" are so in!


I figured it would be a good idea to get some more racing in on technical terrain as soon as possible after competing in Macungie, PA, so I participated in the Root 66 Pat's Peak XC race on June, 15th. It had rained hard for several days leading up to the race. There was still plenty of mud tucked in the woods and in large sections of grass across the ski runs. Taking the hole shot, I never looked back. Early on in the race I made a few technical errors, but I was able to keep pushing forward and open up the gap. Once I found myself in a comfortable position, I settled into a tempo. We did a total of 4 laps, and each time I gained confidence on the sections I didn't have confidence on the lap before. By the end, my arms had felt more of a work out than my legs! I had forgotten how technical riding requires a lot of upper body strength and efficiency. 




Prize swag







No comments:

Post a Comment