Sunday, October 30, 2011

Canton Cup 10/29/11 MA State Champ!

Woke up excited to race, but not sure as to how my body would feel after a rough week of being sick and having to miss work and training. Never-the-less I stayed positive, even when the freezing rain started pouring down as soon as we got to the race! I got a lap on the course before it turned into a slip and slide. I rode a smart race. After lap 1 I was in second place and never let anyone else pass me. I held my ground and kept charing on confidently through the mud. It was really tough in places and the barriers were really high for me and my short legs. My quads were very sore and cold by the 3rd lap. I took off my glasses, which was not the best idea, but neither was keeping them on due to fogging. I was very happy with my effort and result. I paced 2nd overall and 1st in my age group, 23-29, for the MA state Championship! I changed asap (no cool down obviously!) and got some food in me before standing out in the cold and rain(almost snow at this point) again to cheer on Ryan and other brave souls. Someone had to make them smile out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment