Sunday, April 17, 2011

Root 66 #1 Winding Trails, Farmington CT 4/17/11

One of my best performances on an XC bike. I placed 1st out of 12 Cat. 1 racers. I had the hole shot, but then flipped over my handle bars hard into a tree in the first woods section. I was totally spaced out and not paying attention. I was lucky I did not get hurt besides a minor bump. My chain got jammed between my front derailure and big chain ring. I was stuck trying to yank it out for a few minutes on the side of the trail as everyone passed me. I finally got it back on, but had issues with it the rest of the race. However, I was in last place and sprinted harder than I every have on a mt bike to get back to the front on the first lap. I passed the girl in first and never looked back. Super muddy day, but fast fun course of 20 miles. Ready for the rest of the season!


Root 66 Series Home Page

No comments:

Post a Comment