Monday, April 4, 2011

Beanpot Criterium, Tufts University 4/3/11

First team race for the NorEast women of the season. It was the perfect day for a race. Jena Greaser, Laura Ralston, and Katie Quinn raced for the women's team. I was sick from a head cold that I had been battling half the week, but the adrenaline kept my body from paying attention to it for too long. The women's open race had a lot of top notch women competitors. I did an attack up the second hill on the 2nd lap, which broke up the group. I was very proud of this effort, considering it was the first time I had every been the one to lead the split of the pack. Throughout the rest of the race, I attempted several other attacks, with assistance from Katie, but due to the strong group of women and lack of no primes, it was hard to make anything happen. I pulled a large majority of the race, jumping on other riders wheels if they tried to make a move. On the last lap to go, a Wheelworks rider went off the front and I was right there, so not knowing weather to go or hold on, I went for it, gunning her down on the last climb. This allowed Laura to use my wheel and sprint against the rider to 2nd place. Katie and I followed in 5th and 6th place out of 19 riders. Great all around team effort, and we all look forward to having successful races the rest of the season.





No comments:

Post a Comment