Monday, August 24, 2015

GoFUNDMe Pro Cyclocross Pursuit 2015-16

The 2015-16 CX Season is almost underway! First race this weekend. Braaaaaap brrrrRRRAAAAP bRRRRRRINGGGGGGG it on!

Please help me reach the top! http://www.gofundme.com/jgreaserbikeracing


Jena Page Greaser 
USA Cycling #: 0284803 
Date of Birth: 02/28/1986 
Hometown: Barkhamsted, CT Current Residency: Barkhamsted, CT 
Disciplines: Professional Mountain Biking, Elite Category 1 for Cyclocross, Road Biking and Downhill Mounting Biking 

Now is the time to give it my all and compete to the highest that I can in the local, regional, national and international levels of Cyclocross. The biggest barrier to competing at the next level is having the necessary funds to travel and compete in the higher caliber races. Pro-Elite UCI (Union Cycliste Internationale; the world governing body for sports cycling and oversees international competitive cycling events)
races and the National Championships will provide me with the ability to earn points and recognition necessary for further sponsorship and ultimately the chance of becoming a paid professional athlete. 

Now more than ever, I have a gut feeling that the next several years could be proving of my ability to be one of the best female athletes in the world. The people who know me are very aware that when I commit to a goal, my ability to rise to the top is unstoppable. 

TRAVEL AND TRAINING 
I intend to use the funds raised through GoFundMe for pursuing my goal of a professional cycling career. The funds would be used for travel expenses, race entry fees and equipment needs. This fund will allow me to compete in higher caliber cyclocross races around the country. Obtaining financial support for training and travel will help me pursue and secure my dream of becoming a top 100 internationally ranked professional cyclocross athlete. If I accomplish my goals of racing my best and having fun, while standing on the podium in every local race, finishing top 10 at every UCI event and finishing top 10 at Nationals this season I will certainly have the ability to continue on with the momentum for reaching even larger achievements in 2016.

WHY FUND ME? 
My strengths are that I never give up, I have the drive to succeed and I always keep a positive attitude. If I am riding a bicycle, I am always smiling, no matter what hardships may come my way. I possess excellent interview and people skills, maintain a professional and consistent social media presence and I am highly appreciative and dedicated to any sponsorship and support. 

I am very passionate about everything associated with cycling. It's about more than just bike racing to me! The bike is used for sport, but more importantly, TRANSport! The bicycle is a vehicle for a healthier planet. It is a work of art. When I am on my bike, I am at peace. There is a sense of freedom on the bicycle. This way of life on the bike allows for engaging with the world; it is a valuable way to connect with people in the community and natural surroundings on a daily basis. Alternative energy and transportation is a major component to protecting the planet and having beautiful spaces to ride our bikes for years to come. With cyclists present, the world is a happy, beautiful, and resilient place. 

Cycling is a lifestyle---and through the activity of riding and the community created within cycling, I have really come to find myself. I have learned about acceptance, courage, and perseverance. I believe that if I continue to work hard and diligently in my pursuit of cycling excellence, anything is possible. I possess the courage to persevere onward in a bike race and in life.  

I have been a supporter of People for Bikes and World Bicycle Relief for many years. When I lived in Newton Massachusetts, I was an active member of the Bike Newton Steering Committee and the Coordinator for the Kid's Pan Mass Challenge. Through Bike Newton, I helped to design the Newton Bike Map and be an advocate for more cycling lanes in and around the city. I also was the founder and captain of NorEast Cycling's Elite Women's team and received "Rider of the Year Award" along with the "Energizer Bunny Award" for my endless commitment to the sport and multitude of competitions throughout the year. In 2013, while living in Sun Valley ID, I coached an all girls mountain bike camp with "The Queen of Pain," Rebecca Rusch. I was also a mountain bike coach at the Ketchum Parks and Recreation all summer and lead the Community School's Middle School Mountain Bike Enrichment program. I was a member and volunteer for the Wood River Bike Coalition. In addition, I have volunteered for CCAP (CT Cycling Advancement Program). For the organization, I have marketed and brought about strong media/social media presence to their youth cycling programs all over the state of CT, helped them to find race venues, potential organizations to partner with to launch youth cycling programs, find reliable coaches and participate in and support fundraising events. 

I have a lot to offer for the future of this sport. As an ambassador in helping new riders and those with less experience, I am a leader. I participate in and helped lead events and rides with local cycling groups (various NEMBA groups and other). Often, I have taken female friends and youth out riding, who may have questions about proper riding technique, gear, etc., and want to perfect their skills. As what riding a bicycle did to change my life for the better, I simply enjoy helping others realize the amazing power and potential that can be found within while pedaling a bike. 

Please take a few minutes to explore my professional athlete page through "Play Hard Give Back" http://playhard-giveback.myshopify.com/collections/professional-athletes/products/jena-greaser?variant=1432196676. Here you can learn more about my cycling endeavors, view my media presence, follow me on current social media (Facebook, Instagram, my blog, etc.), buy some ridiculously delicious, wholesome, nutritious and all around AWESOME trail mix and BGood Bars to show support to the PHGB organization, my social cause “People for Bikes,” as well as to other athletes and their social causes. 

Pedal on!

Grease-lightnin'

No comments:

Post a Comment